Wednesday, September 05, 2007

it's just ruth in a hat

The photo below is of Ruth (from Knit Night) in a pre-felted hat. We're thinking it's going to have to do some serious felting. Really it should count as this weeks Crack (me up) Saturday post.

Warning: Kid-Back to School-Pregnant Woman anecdote ahead.

So my friend (baby kimono) returned to school 7 1/2 months pregnant and her kindergarteners are fairly sure that there is an egg in her belly that's going to have to come out and then hatch. Also she reported that yesterday a second one asked "Why are you so fat?" To get the conversation away from how babies are born, she started a little conversation on manners. "Can you think of what you might say instead?" she asked. "Why are you so fat, please?" was the reply!

14 comments:

sunshine said...

I love that mannerly little person. Mother has taught them well!!!!!

Diane said...

OMG!!! Hysterical!

Olga said...

I'm surprised she didn't give the standard answer to that question with, " I swallowed a naughty child. Are you a naughty child?"

Yarnhog said...

I love it! That'll totally do for my morning laugh. I personally love Uber's response...you can tell she's a mom!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Priceless!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like uberstrickenfrau's snappy comeback! Kids.

Anonymous said...

waaah! too funny!

...Sarah said...

That is great. Kids, gotta love them.

YawnOver said...

Hehe - too funny!

Faith said...

Ahh ha ha! I may have to use that in the future. You know, next time I ask someone why they're so fat. Oi.

Lydee said...

Great! Thanks for the laugh and the crack me up!

Sharon said...

Kids say the darndest things. So does Uberstrickenfrau.

Love it!

Gingersnaps with Tea... said...

OMG!!Thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

at least they got the "please" right!