Saturday, September 15, 2007

CMUS-diving in


Pre-loved Ashford Traditional Spinning wheel.This wheel comes with a few yummy extras....A lazy kate, 4 bobbins,a learn to spin booklet from Ashfords, a new niddy noddy,handpainted mohair, 100 grams of New Zealand merino  (22 micron), dyed locks and a batt I have made of merino in reds ,orange and yellow! A great package to have fun on!!

By itself, it's really not that hysterical. What makes it so is the content of an email I sent to Yarnhog just days ago when she asked about my winnings.

...enough to purchase a spinning wheel and a few sweaters worth of roving if I'm so inclined and that was after splitting the winnings with GHB (as we do when we're both playing) Money burns such a hole in my pocket I'm going to try to hang onto it for a while though. : )

Apparently "a while" is three days in my neck of the woods.

9 comments:

sophanne said...

someone please tell me what a Lazy Kate is... unless you want me to be surprised!

Tammy said...

I think you've demonstrated great patience. I mean, you could have run out and bought some new clothes... or at least bought a couple sweater's worth of yarn... but no, you chose instead to take the time and dedication to create the yarn yourself. That will take a lot of patience! Think of it this way... you've invested in a new skill, a new piece of furniture, and a money saving device all at the same time!

I really am quite proud of your self-control and wisdom! :)

Olga said...

I dunno what a lazy Kate is but I sure know what a lazy frau is!!!heh. You are soooo funny! I can't believe you just up and bought that ! Are you planning to get a sheep next?

Anonymous said...

Money burns a hole in my pockets too. But it's for spending really, especially if it's winnings.

I have no clue what all that stuff that comes with the wheel is but I look forward to you figuring it out.
Great purchase.

Deborah-- said...

Really nice! You did well for yourself. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

love the orange, red, pink and yellowish roving. Reminds me of a sunset.

Quail Hill Knits said...

A Lazy Kate is a device that holds the full bobbins of spun single ply yarn so you can then ply single ply into two or three ply yarn with the Spinning Wheel. Congratulations on the new arrival!

Anonymous said...

Woot! Great bunch of spinning loot. You'll love it. I wish I had a niddy noddy. Have to buy one at Rhinebeck. I still haven't figured out how to use my lazy kate and I got it last March.

Yarnhog said...

Woo-hoo! Glad I'm not the only one with no self-restraint! It's beautiful--perfect! And once you get past the lumpy bumpy stage, it starts to get really fun. I couldn't stop spinning yesterday. Just like with knitting, though, it's much better if you have good fiber to start with. That merino should be lovely. I haven't tried mohair yet, unless you count the dog hair.