Saturday, September 01, 2007

CMUS (the aliens will fix it)

In the course of our regular Saturday morning discourse over coffee, Great Husband Bob (GHB) shared some of the random half asleep/half awake thoughts he had.

He said, "Here's a movie idea... it can be a movie about global warming and in the end the aliens come and fix it for us. People will believe it and we'll just say the only condition is that they want a big party when they get here and everyone should send me balloons to get ready."

I said, "good idea- you should call a movie producer."

He said, "I was thinking more it would work better on a blog somewhere."

So I'm not sure if CMUS is about aliens fixing global warming or more about the extent to which GHB will go to get a mention on the blog.

There's a mild knitting funk in the air. I can work about 2 rows of TY at a time before I have to stop and regroup. I've relaxed a great deal about it being perfect and may end up with a broken tangled yoke. Even if the yoke isn't perfect, I think I'm going to end up with a sweater in a lovely tweed that actually fits which will be a first.

I have the anti-Midas touch on everything else I start and the projects that are WIP's are feeling like two week old leftovers to me. I'm not feeling the love so much. Clearly I need a trip to the LYS and I'm not about to wait until knit knight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Retail therapy!

I admire you for taking on anything called Tangled Yoke. The name alone makes me think, 'no way I can knit that.' People should really think about what they name their patterns. Tangled Yoke is too close to Strangled Yoke.

Anonymous said...

Yay for GHB! Providing blog fodder practically first thing in the morning, what a hero.

Even after googling and searching at half-a-dozen acronym sites, I still don't know what CMUS stands for. Perhaps it is such a common thing that no one bothers to explain it, like USA? Am I just incredibly out of it?

Tammy said...

Just the solution I would recommend... to the LYS... and fast! :)

YawnOver said...

Anti-Midas touch...heh heh. I been there too :)

Lydee said...

ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!ha! Good GHB! Pehaps he should go to this year's balloon festival. He may meet some friends that are "out of this world"!

Anonymous said...

Yup, sounds like you need some new fresh yarn to change your knitting mojo. I'd go see that movie. Throwing aliens a party is definitely worth it if they can fix global warming.