Sunday, February 04, 2018

Roasting without the roast.

This felt a little like Sunday dinner- except it was missing some green.


Sweet potatoes and cauliflower roasted with olive oil and crushed red pepper.  Baby Bella mushrooms sautéed in garlic and olive oil mixed with wild rice.  This wild rice is different from yesterday’s.  This was a gift from the friend kmkat when she visited a few months ago.  Cooking yesterdays rice made me feel like I could do this rice justice without disappointment.

Roasting vegetables may be my new favorite thing. Wild rice may be my second new favorite thing.

And while I am never glad when greathusbandbob has a bellyache, there was some karma in place last night when he had indigestion from the best smelling frozen pizza ever while I quietly digested rice.  

No comments: