Saturday, February 03, 2018

Finally some food

First of all.  That damn hat was still too small.

It’s been a week of craptastic food.  While the candies and muffins were delicious, my combine foods and make them taste good intuition was a little off.

On Monday it was oyster mushrooms, spinach, celery, carrots, cherry tomatoes, ginger, quinoa and tamari sauce for the opposite of a win.


On Thursday it was brown rice linguine seasoned with Italian seasoning and olive oil with spinach, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers added.  I used the energy saving cooking method for the linguine (boil for 2 minutes, let sit in pot for 12). The message on the package that it does not get mushy lies.  Also you can not stir fry it the next day in sesame oil.  In case you were thinking that might be a solution. 

Today I finally met with some success.  I happened across a bag of wild rice and an organic can of succotash. With some salt, pepper, and coriander it was a winning, dare I say, comfort food dish.  Of course after a weeks worth of less than palatable sustenance, anything remotely not gross would be comforting.

  



The desire to snack still pervades nearly every waking moment on the weekends.  Today I bought some pistachios and pumpkin seeds with hopes of taming that beast.  I also bought more pumpkin muffin mix but will wait until Sunday night to make them lest I eat all of them in one sitting.


I may try another pony tail hat.  Weather forecasts are saying "heavy snow" for Wednesday into Thursday.  I’d like a new hat to wear while shoveling.


No comments: