Saturday, February 10, 2018

Roasted vegetables Week Two

Turns out last week's parsnip was actually a turnip that had been misplaced in a Walmart bin.  I had roasted turnip last week and didn’t hate it.

This week I bought and roasted two heads of cauliflower (because I could seriously eat a whole head in one meal) and a rutabaga.  Come to find I was often confusing rutabaga with rhubarb.  Everything has been made clear.  I love rutabaga.  Rhubarb not so much.

Waiting for roasting later in the week are some sweet potatoes and some actual parsnips (which look more like white carrots).  I’ll likely make a trip to the store with white sweet potatoes as well.  

I’ve been considering a garlicky cashew sauce to put over them but they are so delicious as is.

I stopped at the local pathetic farmers market and came home with "just add water" buckwheat cake mix.  I’d like to think I’ll make some and stash them for breakfast next week but time will tell.

There are also three ripe bananas and some unsweetened applesauce to make zumbabetty's cookies.

Food food food.  I also knit.  Still making squares,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just fyi, turnips have ~1/3 the calories of potatoes and are delicious mashed. Of course, they are even more delicious when doused with butter ;-)