Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Crack me up Snow Day.

The Naturally Slim weight loss/lifestyle program says that one reason we stress eat is because we have a vital need that is not being met.  After looking at their list of vital needs to choose from I realized that my number one really is humor.  And as I have been working on this repeatedly crashing blog post I haven't eaten a thing so go figure.

We were folk dancing after program prep in third grade yesterday.  My goal was to capture the joy of these kids dancing together (in spite of complaints) in slow motion.  There was joy but I didn't capture it the way I intended.  So instead I share this which is some side action dancing- You don't need the volume. It's also much more hilarious if you full screen it.



Earlier in the day the high school kids looked like this.  Why yes, that IS a senior star football player decorating his knight helmet on the side. The fact that I taught them when they were little gives me a little bit of an edge I think.  Also I feed them so they can't complain too much.





I have a new favorite internet/real life dog-


Her name is Noel and I've met her as she's dropped her first grade best friend off at school.  I also taught her mamma in elementary school.  The is one of the most photogenic dogs I've ever seen.

Now maybe it's just because I'm a music teacher, but this next bit has me laughing every time I look at it.  It's a facebook post on a General Music Teacher page and one of the comments that followed.



At once I though Hot Cross Buns of Steel was the funniest HCB joke I'd ever heard.  Sultry HCB wins the music teacher internet as far as I'm concerned. Subliminal advertising anyone?

As for today's snow day, there was less than an inch in the driveway.  Maybe a little ice underneath.  Temperatures were not ridiculously low.  There have got to be some shenanigans going on at the WVDOH road treatment division.  Or else all of the gas companies have stolen any potential drivers of salt/cinder trucks.  The good news is that our new superintendent doesn't mess around.  He had already called a 2-hour delay by 7:00 pm last night and called the day off an hour before he was required to this morning. Usually there is a waiting contest between surrounding counties.  If today is any indication, we'll be the leader from now on.


1 comment:

kmkat said...

That new superintendent sounds like a winner!