Friday, November 30, 2018

Birth month ended

But not before we finally had the teacher outing.  Everyone drove to the burg of Wayne for a cozier setting and less driving for me.  I was really self conscious about the request but it all worked out in the end.  We ate at the Mexican restaurant and laughed the whole time but it was one of those laughs that you can’t really remember what was funny.  I know there was a joke about a kid asking one if she had saved up for the pop socket on her phone.  It was also hilarious when we asked the waiter to take out picture and he started to do it with his camera.  Maybe it was because after we decided to schedule a gag gift exchange I also declared that the picture must have us looking in random directions.  It also could have been all of The Office references that peppered the conversations.  Another instance where you expect the worst only to have lots of surprise laughing.  We left and the waiter said “see you tomorrow.”

I’m the old person with the young ones but at least these pics don’t make that too obvious.

This evening Facebook gave me a picture of what we would have looked like had we been dogs.


I think it’s pretty accurate.

As for the gag gift gathering, genius has struck again,  I ordered a teapot not unlike the one that Jim gave Pam in the office and will fill it with the same items.  Although I think the card that I write will say “happy birthday Jesus, sorry your party is so lame.”  I think we’re about 60/40 office watchers so if a non watcher receives the gift I’ll just say “it was meant for Pam.”

This week the high school kids learned to distinguish polyphonic, monophonic and homophonic sounds.  They also learned to play chess.


My new student is a Dr. Who fan and plays chess.  I knew his playing dumb and lazy was a bit of an act.  He may get a knitted Tardis instead of Oreo cookies.  Also the one who I had a come to Jesus moment with has now decided I’m on his side which is nice.

In lieu of a quiz yesterday I asked them to write 20 questions (real ones) about medieval times.  Many were about sex.  I’m sure they thought they were being funny.  They won’t think it’s so funny when I give them the answers they’ll realize they weren’t really looking for.  But I will.

The final end of the week bonus was that this afternoon mother of Noel (see last post) had to bring treats to her sons classroom.  Poor puppy was left alone in the car so the puppy mama gave me the keys and I went and hung out in the car with her.  She was nervous about mama returning but I have six more years in which to befriend her.







No comments: