Sunday, September 23, 2018

If I only had the time...

Yesterday was all relaxing.  No obligations.  Today was catch up day and the rare Sunday that didn’t require a relative visit.  (We we’re both there during the week and will be there again on an evening this week.). She’s going home on Wednesday. Greathusbandbob believes his pushing is what made it happen.  Whatever makes him happy.  She was the one who had to walk 200 feet.

I made today Pinterest cooking day.  I was getting tired of eating either salads or quinoa and black beans. Also it was finally cool enough to have the oven on.

Experiment #1. Roasted squash, zucchini and grape tomatoes.  Garlic and Italian seasoning in olive oil shredded Parmesan cheese on top. 400 degrees. 25 minutes. A-ma-zing.  The easiest and the best tasting of the day.  A certain repeat recipe.





Experiment #2. Crockpot Mac and cheese.  Note to self: There are some recipes that require real ingredients.  Do not replace whole milk with cashew milk (in spite of how creamy you see it gets.). It’s edible but in a sort of frozen dinner kind of way edible.

Experiment #3. The big deal was vegetarian enchiladas made with green lentils.  The enchilada filling is a mixture of cooked green lentils, oats, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, cooked carrot, tomatoes onion and garlic and spices all food processed together.  This had several steps.  Cooking the lentils, cooking the vegetables, food processing the big ole pile of stuff, making the enchilada sauce, assembling and baking.  It was initially a vegan recipe but nothing on this green earth will make me ever eat vegetarian cheese again so I went with low-fat mozzarella.



The filling is very filling what with all the protein in it.  It had the texture and color of refried beans.  It didn’t taste horrible but I probably won’t make it again.   I’ll freeze them for lunches and be sure to pack some sour cream for a break in the texture.

I’d like to thank my summer self for exploring and pinteresting recipes.  Otherwise I would have tired myself out just trying to get a handle on what I should make.

And the crack myself up of the day came as I was pumping gas at Sheetz.  I was reading the directions on the pump that included using Sheetz gift cards.  There is a teacher at school who is getting married in two weeks.  They are collecting $$ to give a cash gift.  I bought Sheetz gift cards and will give the gift separately in a card that says may you have many happy adventures and plenty of “gas” in the “Sheetz.”  I am so hilarious.

No comments: