Friday, April 15, 2011

a stay at home adventure

Almost one month into the "anniversary garden" you can see that progress is being made. There were (and still are) many big rocks and a lot of clay but Mr.Sophanne is persistent.



And he finds time to play with the dog too.



We have 4ft high rabbit fence and green metal posts to attach it to but that won't happen until we can remove more rocks and put down a layer of topsoil.

I think I heard him singing this...

I could be handy mending a fuse when your lights have gone
You can knit a sweater by the fireside, Sunday mornings, go for a ride
Doing the garden digging the weeds, who could ask for more
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I’m sixty-four?


o.k. not really but if he thought of it he would.

In other updatey kind of news- the ribbing will remain the same color- redsilvia's comment about changed ribbing color drawing attention to the ass sealed the deal.

The latest obsession (which has slowed down the knitting process) is my reacquaintance with the ukulele and a musician's toy- a program for the mac called "Band in A Box."



These are my secret ways to let summer vacation know that I'm ready when it is. Also I feel terribly clever when I think to take a picture of my computer screen and can remember how to do it.

5 comments:

JelliDonut said...

That is why I don't wear satin--the attention to the ass properties.

I envy you your little garden.

roxie said...

You might do contrasting cuffs and neckline ribbing. Draw attention to your pretty face and hands.

Mr. Sophane is dedicated. I'm so impressed by all the rocks he is pulling out of the dirt.

I remember the first time I heard, "When I'm 64" and laughing because it was impossible that I would ever be that old. Now I almost am and I still laugh - for different reasons.

Haley said...

Just catching up on your blog and smiling as always. Love reading it. Thanks for being you. Take care.

Lydee said...

love, love, love hearing about your garden journey!

Anonymous said...

A friend's husband is turning 64 in a few weeks. She put the song on the invitations to his party. Love it!