Monday, July 30, 2007

So I was hanging out in blogland and someone asked, "Hey sophanne, what are you working on these days?"

O.k., that didn't really happen, but what if it could? What if there was a magical place that consisted only of the beautiful blogland pictures and all the images and textures we share. That would be so cool. I would definitely want to visit the land of Knitting on Impulse. If you want an escape from reality in these dog days, click on her "Natural Beauty" pages and wait for the downloading. It's worth it.

This week brings another trip to the home of the "retiring" Uncle Attorney. His secretary/wife/aunt is under the weather and the last visit to move books made me realize how much paperwork is involved in the legal profession. I'm going to get to visit the land of Legal Documents! For you attorneys out there, I'm sure this must seem like I'm being smarty-pantsy, but such is not the case at all. As the music teacher, the land of legal documents is an exotic and foreign country.

I'll take some knitting along-for visits with the aunt. I might be out of blogland for a few days- stepping away from this computer might actually lead to significant knitting progress-in between wills and depositions of course.

Back to my imaginary trip- here's what's on the needles (the last time I had a post like this, I actually finished one of the three items displayed-anyone taking bets on which of these will get finished?) Malabrigo Moeibus (from EZ Knitting Around), Koigu socks in a Stansfield pattern (from Sensationsal Socks) and Lorna's Laces Pie Shawl from the back of the yarn wrapper. I thought I'd try out starting simple with some lace-weight and see what happens.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna say the moebius b/c I know that malabrigo. It's too nice to just let it sit there.

What happened to the Regia cotton socks you hinted at a few weeks ago??

sophanne said...

All socks (except the one you see) are done. The Regia is at the end of this post I finished both pairs. I heart Regia.

The thing about sock yarn not really counting as stash is that lately I don't count socks as FO's and yet I keep adding to the stash.

Olga said...

I bet the socks, they are so much easier to tote around and sit in a corner and knit on.

Anonymous said...

You are moving away from the green! I'm a lawyer and know exactly what you mean about the mountains of paper. My cubicle is a graveyard for dead trees. Most of it is completely worthless and no one ever reads half the crap we generate!

Yarnhog said...

I'm going with the Lorna's Laces shawl, just to be different.

Be careful in Legaland. It's dangerous there. My husband and I are both attorneys, with our own practice, and we're in constant danger of being crushed under falling stacks of legal documents.

Lydee said...

Hey, Sophanne, whatcha' workin' on? : )