Saturday, July 21, 2007

Crack (me up) Saturday OR what did you believe?

Raise your hand if you believe that this knitter, 2 days ago, frogged 27 inches of a 258 stitch handspun sweater. The up side? It won't be eleventeen sizes too big because I'm learning to believe the tape measure. The down side? Well, you know the down side.

Life is all about beliefs and changing them with new information. Today's Crack (me up) Saturday post is a list of things that I once believed when I was figuring out the world. If I'm remembering them right, most were around age 5 and 6.

I once believed that...

Banks all around the world had pneumatic tubes underground on beyond those that you see at the drive through or else how could you write checks from different banks? FYI-I didn't know they were called pneumatic at the time.

I would never ever hear the song "Hey Jude" again after it was done being popular on the radio.

The brain had various apartment stories of stick men. The first floor worked my brain. The second floor worked their brains, etc. This was years before that shampoo commercial.

If we were on the interstate going 70 miles an hour, then the people ahead of us must be going really fast.

That it would be really cool to play the bassoon.


More recently, as I posted the picture of my hand in the air I thought, "Oh great, now they have my fingerprints and can tie me to the DiMera vendetta on Days of Our Lives." Then I realized you only have a picture-not my actual fingerprints and that I'm not really on Days of Our Lives

11 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Thank you for the "Welcome Home". I'm wiped out. Vaterland...I mean HOMEland Security is my new least-favorite-person. I'll be blogging again as soon as I can dig myself out from under the enormous pile of laundry that has accumulated around me.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I used to believe that all dogs were male and all cats were female. I also used to believe that my stomach was divided into compartments, and that while the vegetable compartment was full the dessert compartment was empty!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the frog! I feel your pain.

I was born in an army hospital, but my dad wasn't active duty when I was in elementary school, so I had never been on an army base until I was in middle school. My only impression of an army hospital was on M.A.S.H., so I was convinced that I was born in one of those tents. It never seemed at odds with my other misperception related to my birth - that I was baptized in a massive, German cathedral.

Lydee said...

Oh dear, and I thought I needed to come up for air...the weirdness up here is getting to me. Thank goodness for the weekend and good friends like you and Gina.

Once again you got me thinking...but I can't think of what I was just thinking about...maybe in a week or so.

Anonymous said...

I think that the bassoon's gotta be kinda cool.

I used to think that Miami was my-ami and got angry when anyone else said it was their-ami.

Bummer about your sweater. Knit on

sophanne said...

When GHB was little and growing up in Brooklyn he saw some weeds growing through the cracks in the sidewalk and thought "look they forgot to take all of the dirt."

Lydee said...

I want to hear about the time you almost ended up in the lake on your way up to eastman...

Lydee said...

Whoops,, that wasn't you, that was JC. Perhaps I should ask her...

Anonymous said...

LOL! I thought the telephone operator was the bogeyman and had a big lumpy brown triangular head with no face (just a mouth). Sorry about the major frogging but today's pain is tomorrow's wearable sweater!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, you ripped so much more than I did! Your list of things when you were 5 or 6 is so funny. It makes me think of the things I thought when I was little.

sophanne said...

Kim- I WAS a telephone operator for 2 summers- that cracked me up!