Thursday, June 07, 2007

"why?" you ask...


Because Ruth is having a contest. I was going to get to it eventually but her post today to the tune of Neil Diamond's "Love on the Rocks" made me laugh so hard that I felt I had to do something in her direction. She's got a good cause and it took about 2 hours of crochet time to get this far on an easy pattern. It should be finished and off in the mail by the weekend. "Why crochet?" you might be asking. Because I would not subject anyone to the unpredictability of my knitting. She has a pattern for both knit and crochet on the contest page. I'm also quite the speedy sc-er. Join the fun and post a picture- good karma for all.

3 comments:

Yarnhog said...

I've been planning to do one of those for Ruth, and you inspired me. I printed out the pattern and crawled into the stash closet. I have dark green yarn, but it's part acrylic. I have beige yarn, but it's alpaca. I have olive yarn, but it's bulky weight. I have brown yarn, but its boucle. In short, I have every yarn possible, but in no acceptable combination. Does it count as yarn acquisition if it's for charity?

5elementknitr said...

That's hysterical! You look like the guy from Fat Albert (not Fat Albert of course)! I can't wait to get it!

sophanne said...

Mushmouth, I presume?