Saturday, June 02, 2007

i am a stupid head- variation one

I will be knitting socks all day so I thought I'd put up a quick post to satiate anyone as compulsive about checking their favorites as I am. Sock number one is making good progress.

Two of my favorite bloggers (on the sidebar) have posted interesting blog questions The A.D.D. knitter asks a good question about "dealbreakers" in knitting and in life. 5elementknitr has a great post on names and the funny ones she's come across in life. Those are the kinds of posts that make for interesting blogging for those of us who read the responses. There are also some really beautiful pictures under the heading of eye candy Friday

I'm thinking this picture should create a new phenomena- "Crack Saturday" Not so much because you crave it as an addict may crave crack,but because it cracks you up when it appears. It seems in blogland I am "hanging out" with a handful of people who actually went through some formative years in the 80's. I give to them my first "Crack Saturday photo" (it also may be the last) If I had been knitting back then I could have clearly found a fiber source without leaving home. I pulled off "big hair" without any hairspray back then. Just me and the perm.

4 comments:

Yarnhog said...

Oh my god! That photo takes me back! I had long, straight hair, until I got it cut in 1982, and for some unknown reason (probably teenage hormones) it all frizzed up into a massive afro. Since my hair was bright red, I looked like Bozo the Clown! Maybe I'll dig out a picture, if I can face it.

sunshine said...

I know that girl! I think.......

5elementknitr said...

I'll have to get a pic of my senior year student ID - 1988. Hilarious! Perms. hmm. My mom insisted I try one in the early 80's. My hair was stick straight and the perm was like getting a piece of fat acrylic yarn and holding it with one hand while stripping down the piece with the other. Frizzarama. Never. Again.

flutter said...

How on earth did I miss this?!?!