Friday, May 29, 2009

Quite frankly, the second to last Friday before the last Friday before school is the most dreaded in my mind. It's like a practice run for the last day only there are many more kids there.

The Weather Creators that be smiled upon me this last Friday before the Last Friday today. Giant thunderstorms. Massive power outage. No students. I've just discovered something better than a snow day.

Teachers were required to report. My room has no windows. There was nothing for me to do. I took a personal day. I am thrilled.

Given that Cynthia has had a pile of sad in her life, I am volunteering my temporary exclamation point services.

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a little premature Alice Cooper.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I love that song!

Anonymous said...

Alice created a classic with that song. It is a favorite of everyone who ever waited for the school year to end.

Cindy said...

I love it!!!!! Thanks for the boost! Does this mean you're really done for the year???

Sharon said...

Alice Cooper, yeah!! When I was 17 I got to see him at Boston Garden (which no longer exists). This was 1973. (Gawd, I'm old!) How my dad hated the guy. A couple of years ago I took my teenage daughter to see Alice in concert at Clark County Fair in Washington state. She made a bee line for the mosh pit. Alice still puts on a great show, and needless to say, we both had a blast! My dad, bless him, got a kick out of it when I told him. Old age turns even the sternest parents sweet. ;)

Thanks for posting the video, it brought back fond memories.

Debbie D said...

Yea for Alice Cooper!

Note to self: need to play this song when I leave work to start a vacation.

Anonymous said...

Lucky! If I were in your shoes (and had the leave time), I would have taken a personal day too. Hope you enjoyed it!