Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sockatta

Socks- I love 'em. These will be b-day socks for my Auntie if I get them done in time. Don't worry sockless mama- we'll get sock yarn when I'm there and you can pick it out and have some for your b-day too. Sock yarn in tangles- how I hate it. When I learn the magic trick of not tangled sock yarn, I will be a virtual sock making machine. Until then they come here and there when I have enough patience to untangle as much as or sometimes more than I knit. (the pictured tangle isn't the worst of it- the really bad one met an ugly end.)

3 comments:

sunshine said...

Project for when you are here! Teach Mama to knit socks..... not too hot on the lap in South Florida and it looks like fun! So teach me, pleassee! You have over a week for Aunties.... should be plenty of time.(by the way, she might be watching your blog these days)

Anonymous said...

Yow! That's a rat's nest. I get B to fix those. He has thing where he likes to untangle stuff.

Yarnhog said...

I hate tangles. Comes from when I was a little girl and my mom made me wear my hair long. Every few weeks, we'd have a marathon detangling session with lots of pulling and screaming. Funny--that's pretty much how a handle yarn tangles, too. For sock yarn, I find it's easier to re-wind the ball on my ball-winder before I start knitting. I don't know how they wind them at the factory, but the center is always an impenetrable rat's nest. Love those colors, by the way!